Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #8: TRAXX GRILL HAUS!



One thing about being a "food lover" is that you have to be open to try all available food (and non-food alike!). Kahit ano, kahit saan.  You must go beyond mall restaurants or the ones being run by famous “Chefs."  

Warning though: You need to be prepared for the worst that may happen.

I was told of Crispy Sisig and Tapang Kabayo in Caloocan.  And off we went to try them.  Both items were not available that night (diba?) so we ordered instead for the Fried Chicken (what else?) with Special Gravy and Grilled Pusit.


Verdict. The Fried Chicken (P69) was good enough (a bit too much on the Magic Sarap!). It still has traces of blood on it. What did you expect from that price?  (a lot of non-fast food restaurants haven’t licked the problem of bloody fried chickens).



Actually, it’s not so much the food here I wanted to try but the I wanted to see the place. Nakaka-aliw siya. I didn't even mind the solvent-sniffing man talking and scolding himself while floating near our table.   

The place was relatively clean, lively (the loud music was coming from speakers inside AND outside of the restaurant) and blue. Yes, place IS blue. There’s extra effort to make the place hip.

Will I be back? Why not... but I’ll take my order of Crispy Sisig and Tapang Kabayo out. Better to enjoy my food at home. Enough of dancing blue lights and floating-solvent-sniffing men.



4 comments:

  1. Not yet, Michy. I will try it and let you know. Alam mo, ngayon ko lang naalala about the Spaghetti Sisig when I was uploading the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are planning on going there mamaya para sa bday ng tropa ko, pwede ba mag-alak doon?

    ReplyDelete