Friday, May 11, 2012

The Taste, Smell and Feel of Authentic Chinese Breakfast!

Emerald Garden @ Roxas Boulevard


Originally, my Tita (Nelia Silverio) and I were supposed to have Pinoy breakfast at Aristocrat in Roxas Boulevard but the place is under renovation. She decided to have Chinese breakfast at Emerald Garden instead. Why not? Pretty interesting.

The last time I was here was for dinner when we watched Varekai at the Quirino Grandstand almost a year ago. Its time for another visit.

Emerald Garden, I would say, is an authentic Chinese restaurant... none of the fusion, modern-artsy concept that's high on the visual rating scale but zero on the taste factor. So, saan ka?   

I know what I like.  

Hmmm... Emerald's Big Siopao or Kowloon's Jumbo Pao? 
 

We ordered two of each!

Chicken Pie

 Lotus Pie

Butchi

Chicken flavor

Siopao Big

Half of the Siopao




1170 Roxas Boulevard, Manila
(fronting the US Embassy)

2 comments:

  1. It's a really old restaurant in front of the US Embassy. I remember always seeing it from the car as our family passes by. Finally, I was able to eat last year, the night we watched Verakai in the Quirino Grandstand. Dinner was also great. Will post. :)

    ReplyDelete