Tuesday, October 30, 2012

GenSan: Birthday Dinner at Grab a Crab!


Grab a Crab & Coffee Club 101 @ SM General Santos City

They say that Grab a Crab is one of the very few fine dining restaurants in GenSan City. The effort was there… from the service to the food presentation. Sige na. I guess they can’t afford to have a true-blue fine dining restaurant here… the overhead would be just too big. 

Our dinner was passable. Like what I said, the effort was there. The Beef Tenderloin was served on a sizzling plate and tasted catsup-y. The Crispy Shrimp (very cheap!) was sweet and spicy while the Garlic Fried Chicken was a bit dry (though I liked the very light taste of burnt garlic). Like what I've mentioned before, I’m partial to fried chicken with thin breading. The breading protects the meat from getting too dry (eating dry white meat is like eating cotton balls).
   
After the restaurant staff gave me their upbeat rendition of the birthday song (thank you!), we transferred to the connecting coffee shop, the Coffee Club 101 (same owners). Coffee was good, freshly-brewed. 

That was our first day at GenSan (not much activity, no?). Second and third days were spent in South Cotabato... And I must say that South Cotabato was the highlight of our one-week vacation

Crispy Shrimps P240
Beef Tenderloin P220
Garlic Fried Chicken (half) P150  
Crabmeat Fried Rice (for four pax) P130
Mango Shake P60  















6 comments:

  1. I think I saw a branch in Davao. Anyway, it looks really good! ;)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is in Davao? I didn't know. Sayang. We went pa naman to Davao (after GenSan and South Cotabato) so I can compare the two branches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice to see my pic in your blog.. Hehe! Kinilig lang.. Friendly and accomodating staff.. Enjoyed our dinner here.. (lalo na at libre mo!) happy birthday again, Bubs! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you for celebrating with me! It was fabulous! Next year ulit?

      Delete
  4. Sure! Davao branch naman..hehe

    ReplyDelete