Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Great Depression Cooking with Clara!


It was an accident.

I was just surfing the internet the other day when I thought of downloading some 80’s songs at YouTube when I came across the title of this on-line cooking show which suddenly popped up.  I’m sure I pressed something that made it happened, knowing me. For a second, I thought that the show is a treatment for the psychologically challenged.  Then, I saw Clara’s picture. I got it.  

  
Well, Clara is Clara Bonfanti Cannucciari. According to Wikipedia, “she was born in Melrose Park, Illinois on August 18, 1915 who went on to live through America’s Great Depression.”  

Poignant and touching black & white pictures are interspersed with her cooking which are uncomplicated and yes, very Italian. I say that Clara had a full life. One can tell from the photos.  

Her grandson, Christpher Cannucciari, serves as her producer and director.  Here are two episodes where Clara answers questions from fans and teaches how to do Eggplant Parmesan. You will love her.


 Clara Answers Questions



Clara Cooks 
Eggplant Parmesan

6 comments:

  1. Will download the episodes! Thanks for sharing! :)

    www.dekaphobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining BNP! Your blog has been posted!

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Clara and her stories. What a lady!!! I am very lucky to have stumbled upon her on You Tube and her recipes. Thanks to her grandson Christopher - Thank you... <3 you Clara Rest in peace dear, dear lady...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Clara well..kind and wonderful
    .just like Carl

    ReplyDelete