Tuesday, May 08, 2012

"LOLONG" Tastes Like Chicken!


Kinabuchs Grill & Bar @ Puerto Princesa

The reason for this re-post is because I was constantly reminded of Kinabuch's while writing the script for a  Lolong documetary(confirmed to be the biggest crocodile in the world!), which our group be shooting in the Agusan Marsh this month of May.  I finished the draft of the docu script but still couldn’t shake the image of the overgrown lizard reduced to bite-sized viand. Weird. 

 
Anyway, Kinabuch's is a popular Puerto Princesa restaurant because of their Tamilok & Ginataang Crocodile Meat. Not only that, the place boasts of an ample parking lot, a big screen for the customers who like to eat ‘under the stars’ and a well-groomed waitstaff (and prompt! my order of ginataang croc meat came in less than four minutes!).


How’s the croc meat?  Well, it’s not melt-in-your-mouth soft… not tough either.  Parang may “litid-litid” that gives its unique texture. 

Taste? Surprisingly, it didn’t have any ‘gamey’ flavor. I don’t mind the gamey taste (most people hate the gamey taste in lamb, goat, deer, turkey, pigeon etc). 

In fact I like it. Kayang tanggalin yan sa pagluto (we used to sell crispy Inadobong Kambing with my Tita without the gamey flavor… which was one of our big sellers!). 

How much? A bit pricey at P300/order.  But the experience is worth it. 

As for Lolong, well, there's no chance that we'll have you for dinner. You're too much of a star. We'll just see you soon!  




Kinabuch's Grill and Bar
Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa
Palawan

2 comments:

  1. I hope I could try this when I visit Puerto Princesa. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give a long list of good places to eat there! Madami! Parang kulang ang 3 days. Next... wood worms! :)

    ReplyDelete