Monday, May 07, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #6: BIG DADDY'S CHICKEN!

Big Daddy's Chicken @ MOA

I had this at 10 in the morning while waiting for the last pre-prod meeting for an event (TLC Final Chowdown) at the Music Hall. I wasn't hungry-hungry but I felt that I HAD to try it. I was on my first bite when I suddenly remembered that I already had this chicken more than a year ago in Greenhills.

The Chicken Chops (that's what they call it) are TOO crispy and TOO dry. It's like biting a thin slice of plywood. 

Maybe, that's the reason why they give a bowl of soup (it tasted like Knorr Asparagus Soup!): to drown your rice with soup (just like what YOU do with the KFC gravy!) or to let your Chicken Chops swim in that bowl of Knorr masterpiece before munching on that breaded dried wood.  




Sige na nga... I'll try it again but not in MOA this time. I had the feeling that the pregnant lady who prepared my Chicken Chops had a really bad morning and my rushing her added to the stress. 

P.S.  Its the name I don't like. It sounds like a pet name of some Dirty Old Man (buti na lang hindi... Big Daddy's Bird?). 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Walang gravy ang Big Daddy's which might work against the product. They don't even have catsup! Diba we Filipinos are so used to dipping our fried chicken (or any fried food) to catsup, gravy or lechon sauce. :)

      Delete