Sunday, May 06, 2012

SUMMER PALACE Serves Probably the Best Sweet & Sour Pork!

Summer Palace @ EDSA Shangri-la Hotel

I never plan to eat at Chinese restaurants. I feel that there are just so many Chinese restaurants that I feel I can go to one anytime I want. 
Diba, when a group couldn't decide where to eat, normally, that group almost always end up eating Chinese... "Sa Chinese na lang." 

It happened to us recently. I originally planned to treat my friend to a fried chicken (of course, it had be fried chicken!) place in Ortigas. We went there for dinner and surprise, surprise... the place was closed (for their summer outing)! 

After suggesting a million other restaurants, my driver/friend decided to drive to EDSA Shangri-la Hotel. That's where her favorite restaurant is (one of a thousand). Her favorite Chinese restaurant.

See?  


I always order Sweet & Sour. 
I would like to think that I
have tasted all kinds of Sweet & Sour from
the good to the bad to the very bad to the very, very bad.

I think that this one is probably the BEST!
The color is not the usual dark-pink-banana-catsup variety. 
The meat is tender and a bit crunchy on the first bite. 
And they have raisins! Why not? 
It adds a sweet and sour
flavor. 

Everything about this Sweet & Sour is perfect.

I'm not exaggerating...
 Go for the large. 

Birthday Noodles

Yang Chow Fried Rice

Birthday Noodles again

Yang Chow Fried Rice again

Black Bean Pancake with 
Creamy
Sesame Seed Ice Cream!

Summer Palace


Mezzanine, EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, 1 Garden Way, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila


2 comments:

  1. Haven't been to Summer Palaca, sa Heat pa lang. Looks delicious! ;)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totoong pinaka-masarap ang kanilang Sweet and Sour Pork!

    ReplyDelete