Monday, October 08, 2012

Sticky Rice Cake by 'Let's Cook My Way!'

Let's Cook My Way Class @ Urdaneta Village
 
We call it Biko (I miss my Yaya Auring who used to make Biko at least, once a week). Some people I know from Bataan call it Kalamay. A lot call it Bibingka. Whatever people call it, what I know is that Pinoys love this meryenda/ panghimagas. 

For 'Let's Cook My Way,' Tita Nelia Silverio (#0908-8211778) tweaked her old recipe.  And the finished product was... wow. She calls the wow food, Sticky Rice Cake (with a Twist!). 

Tita Nelia used brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pine nuts, chestnuts!  Again... wow. 

Before I forget, let me mention what Tita Nelia made us taste which she bought from a Korean store, the oddly named... Nostalgia Drink, Soojeonggwa. It was a bit too sweet but it went well with the Sticky Rice. 









No comments:

Post a Comment