Monday, October 29, 2012

GenSan: Fish Port, Tuna Paksiw, Balbacua, Fried Chicken!

Fish Port & SM Mall @ General Santos City

October 21, 2012. My 45th birthday. 

It’s not the first time I spent my birthday outside Manila (the first time was in Bacolod a few years back). I guess, when you get older you kinda get bored with the usual stuff. When my good friend broached the idea of visiting GenSan five months ago, I immediately asked him to book a flight on my birthday. He did. It was a long wait but worth it. It was one-helluva-vacation

Anyway, we landed in GenSan very early Sunday morning. We were picked up and brought to the “The General Santos Fish Port Complex” (GSFPC) guest house in  Barangay Tambler where we stayed for three days. We didn’t lose time in exploring the place (it covers 11 hectares). We went to the complex’ food court which caters mostly to the “tuna workers” and settled for “Fel & Jay and Atel Eateries” primarily because they serve Balbacua, a Cebuano specialty popular in the southern part of the country (it was my first time to eat this Balbacua, a soupy dish with green leafy veggies). Of course, I had to order for Fried Chicken which came chopped with a small bowl of banana catsup. Yum. I also ordered for a serving of Tortang Talong and Meatballs which, I think, was undercooked.   

It was a P300-taxi-ride from the Fish Port to the new SM Mall (it opened last August) where we had our lunch of Tuna Paksiw at Chona's and a slice of what we think was their version of Sans Rival with condensed milk. Not bad.  

And so... it was the start of a week of eating, eating and still more eating

























No comments:

Post a Comment