Sunday, December 30, 2012

Davao City: Durian Coffee at Karlo's!

Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee @ Jack's Ridge, Davao City

After the late lunch at Taklobo Restaurant our group trooped to Karlo's (a few steps away) for dessert and coffee. Good thing that there were no other visitors with us just as few small groups of local diners. Solong-solo namin ang Karlo's where we took the liberty of shooting award-winning (!) videos and photos of just about anything in that coffee shop. 

Coffee time. I forced my friends to try out the Durian Coffee (I tried it already the first I was in Davao City years back and I enjoyed it). They did not like it. Absolutely detested the taste.  

Karlo's Durian Coffee is a bit bitter. Not coffee bitter (which I like) but Durian bitter. I had to add Equal (why are there still coffee shop who refuse to carry Splenda??) to temper the lingering bitterness and the strong Durian after taste. As expected, while using the toilet less than an hour later, I was smelling Durian again. And again...

Durian Coffee P125
Americano P70











No comments:

Post a Comment