Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Piping Hot Ramen at Ukokkei!

Ukokkei Ramen Ron @ Arnaiz Avenue

Have you tried eating a bowl of Ramen a few minutes after feasting on a few slices of different cakes? I have... with Tita Nelia and her best friends (Gayle & Mary Anne).  AND to think that even before the cakes , we already tried the food at Tita Nelia's cooking class (Let's Cook My Way!)That night, we rolled (graciously, I may say!) from Urdaneta to the two restaurants while oinking.

After the not-so-great slices of cake at SLICES, we walked around the BHS Central para magpatagtag ng kinain except for Tita Nelia who hasn't eaten a decent meal the whole day. Puro tikim lang siya. She wanted Ramen. So, we rolled to Ukokkei Ramen Ron in Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road). 

The ramen house has been here for a long time now and has this long list of regulars who vow loyalty to the Ukokkei bowls of noodles. Tita had one of the bestsellers if not, the bestseller, Tantanmen (Chinese noodles famous in Japan) which was really, really spicy (a spoonful was enough for me)!  The rest of us shared Miso Chashu. The broth was flavorful and the meat, tender. While immensely enjoying the noodles, I kept whispering to myself that one can die of overeating. And yet, I kept on and on... 


Tantanmen P390
Miso Chashu P380
Green Tea (glass) P55








No comments:

Post a Comment