Monday, December 17, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #16: TAKLOBO!

Taklobo Restaurant @ Jack's Ridge, Davao City

I've been saying that I prefer my fried chicken breaded (flour, egg, bread crumbs). Not too thick. Deliciously thin.  

Don't get me wrong. I also enjoy fried chicken without breading provided that the meat's not dry like Max's.  Taklobo's fried chicken, I think, is not breaded but coated with  flour (I use corn starch which make the skin crispier). The chicken looked good but sad to say, it's frustratingly  bland. Sadder still, there was no gravy to drown the chicken in but only a small plate of banana catsup. 

Tip: Next time this happens to you, just do what we all do when we eat at Max's... ask your waiter for Worcestershire (local, "fake" brand is better), a small plate and a bottle of banana catsup. You know what to do next. 






No comments:

Post a Comment