Monday, March 04, 2013

Good Cuban Food, Mojitos and Bad Service!

Cafe Havana @ Greenbelt 3

Everytime Gabby (one of my best friends who's based in Denver) is here in Manila, he always asks me to bring him to a good place to eat. I would say that we've been to quite a number of good and yes, also to a few bad ones. 

I took him to Cafe Havana to make him taste the very famous and classic Adobong Kambing (which I've been raving about since time immemorial!). But I have to say that not all of the food in the menu is good (I remember more than two years ago, we didn't enjoy the lamb chops we ordered... I don't anymore recall why).  

How about the service? One of the worst in Manila. But that night, Gabs and I just wanted to really enjoy the night and not be bothered by waitresses with really bad attitude. So, enjoy lang. Thanks to that pitcher of Mojitos (P995) which was perfect with the Beef Salpicao! Hik! 

Spareribs Habanera P450 
Arroz a La Cubana P320
Beef Salpicao P450  

The specialty of the house, 
tender grilled ribs with guava, honey and pepper glaze. 
Seved with moros y cristianos, Cuban-style rice with black beans


Meat peccadillo with raisins and olives. 
Served with platanos, buttered rice and fried egg

Tenderloin tips sauteed in olive oil and garlic


2 comments: