Sunday, March 17, 2013

What Happened to TOSH?

The Old Spaghetti House @ Market, Market

There was a time when I would meet one of my BFFs (sir Tok) at Ayala Techno Hub just to have dinner (at least, once a week) at The Old Spaghetti House (and have coffee at Figaro) after work. That was a few years ago when I was still a Marketing Manager of a restaurant chain.

Recently, I chanced upon TOSH when I was killing time in Market, Market. Excited, I went in and immediately ordered their bottomless iced tea, which I really love. Upon learning that they changed the menu design, kinabahan na ako. Marami ang nabago dito, I thought. True enough. I didn't order my usual (Golden Crusted Chicken, Ham and Cheese Crepe with Angel Hair Pomodoro) but instead tried a new item, Fish Fillet Amandine (P165).  

So, how was it? Not good. The butter (come on, it was margarine!) was so overwhelming that you cannot anymore taste any other flavor... you just have to imagine it. Suyang-suya ako. On my third bite, I had to push my plate away and called for the manager.

As a result, I had a good four or five servings of the iced tea while sipping and complaining (no wonder there were only three tables occupied at that time... and it was dinner time!). I didn't anymore accept whatever she was offering to appease me. I just asked for their wi-fi password and a pitcher of their iced tea.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment