Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Davao City: Exotic Sizzling Bat!

Kaonanan (Tribal Inspired Cuisine) @ Davao City

I've always been brave. Well, at least, with the food I eat. Actually, its not bravery that pushes me to try "exotic" food. It's more curiosity and yes, stupidity.  I tried dog meat (when I was less than 10!), and the meat of ostrich, crocodile, monkey, deer, horse, goat, snake, beetle, wood worm (tamilok), bayawak... the others I forget already (my curiosity stops at grilled rats). 

We just finished our tour of the Crocodile Park, when we decided to rest at this beautiful restaurant called Kaonanan. I asked for their bestseller and I was told of their Sizzling Bat.  (Why not? A bat only looks like a rat but it ain't a rodent). For P460/order, I tried the sizzling flying mammal. So... how was it? 

Wow... it was really, really gamey. No amount of chili peppers would ever be enough to mask the strong gamey taste. The meat was tough and it was also... malansa at mapanghi. It has the texture of pork maskara (maskara is used for Tokwa't Baboy and Sisig) only leathery. Question: Will I eat it again? Why?

Sizzling Bat P460        















No comments:

Post a Comment