Friday, November 02, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #14: HEAVEN & EGGS!

Heaven & Eggs @ Glorietta
 
To be fair about it, Heaven & Eggs serves good food. The crunchy Adobo Flakes with fried rice was exceptional (I had a few bites from my Tita's plate) while my Fried Chicken likewise was tasty, juicy with the thin breading seasoned well. It was this one thing (about the chicken) that shattered my brief honeymoon with Heaven & Eggs. 

I don't intend to go into details anymore just let me say that when I called the attention of the manager (a certain Ms. Manalo), she approached the issue with all hostility. The time that we were trying to point out our concern, she chose to stay defensive (and opted to plaster her face with that annoying frown!).  To top it all, she dared bill us for the chicken! We stood our ground and demanded her to take the chicken off the bill. She did. Thank you.

Look, girl. Being the manager does not only require that you know the over-all operation of your restaurant. Part of (and a big part!) your Duties and Responsibilities is to look for solutions to all problems including customer complaints. Step one is easy: LISTEN. Allow your customer to vent their complaints THEN, you explain. Sadly, you failed in that area. Dismally. 

And that, I think, is an extremely sad situation. Sayang. Masarap pa naman ang food ninyo.







No comments:

Post a Comment