Monday, November 26, 2012

Pig Trotters in Tomato & Garlic Sauce!

Let's Cook My Way @ Urdaneta Village

Easily, I can enumerate different Pinoy dishes that I can prepare using Pig Trotters (Pork Pata): Kare-Kare, Estofado, Nilaga, Sinigang and what else, Crispy Pata. But Tita Nelia (who is a lot, lot better cook than I am!) tweaked one her recipes and came up with Pig Trotters in Tomato & Garlic Sauce which she merrily shared with her students in her Let's Cook My Way classes in Urdaneta Village. 

She boiled the Pig Trotters until tender. In olive oil, Tita Nelia sauteed garlic, onions, peeled tomatoes, bay leaf, tomato paste and sherry wine. She let the alcohol evaporate a bit before adding pork stock. Don't forget to fry the whole garlic gloves. 

Let me say that her Tuesday classes are different every week. And like this special recipe of Pig Trotters, she also gives tips and trivia she has acquired from years of working (and experimenting) in the kitchen. So, how's the pork dish? Very tender with a rich sauce that burst with flavor

What's on the menu next week?








No comments:

Post a Comment