Thursday, November 01, 2012

America & Kalapana in Concert!

I was barely out of diapers (!) when America hit it big in 1972.  Thanks to my three older male cousins (our next door neighbors) who played 70's songs (that included America's long playing albums) on their turntable every morning, I grew up knowing and loving America songs. As for Kalapana, my group in Ateneo (college) used to sing (scream?) "Hurt" and "Night Bird" every time we have a date with Stolichnaya... (with 7-Up or on-the-rocks). We love them (both Stolichnaya & Kalapana!). Hay... Those were the days. 

I hope that it's clear that most of the people in the audience do not belong in my age group (Mar Roxa? Noynoy Aquino? and, shudders... Renato Corona?). They're much older. They're the bona fide 70's hippies. True-blue 80's boy na ako who went gaga over acid wash jeans, Aqua Net, New Wave, Fiorucci and yes, Boy George. 

But just the same, I love the music of America. Together with the "mature" audience, I belted out in Smart Araneta the songs, "A Horse with No Name", "Lonely People", "All My Life", "Ventura Highway" and yes, "Tin Man" (up until now, I still don't know the meaning of that cryptic song). I had a great time.

Anyway, let me congratulate (again!) Ovation Productions and History Channel for the success of the America and Kalapana Concert last October 17, 2012! History Channel Head and COO-ACCESS Jacque Ruby thanks everyone who came and supported the event!  

Next... Watch out for Sting's Concert in December! See you there!







 












No comments:

Post a Comment