Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Endings at Country Spice!

Country Spice @ West Tower, Tektite

It's still very clear to me when, together with some UP friends, I used to drive all the way to that Pasig area (across SM Center Pasig) to eat Mud Pie and Rocky Road at the original Country Spice. That was many, many, many moons ago (Libis was still an undeveloped grassy, empty lot... "tambakan ng patay").  I don't remember ordering anything but Mud Pie and Rocky Road, dessert made of ice cream, chocolate syrup, marshmallows, nuts, among others. 

When I started a job teaching in Manila which took most of my time after school nawalan na ako ng time to make lakwatsa. I completely forgotten about Country Spice until I began working at Tektite almost two decades after. They still serve Mud Pie though smaller and less colorful and they took Rocky Road off the menu. 

I don't remember if they served Frozen Brazo de Mercedes during my UP days but let me tell you that I really loved it, sobra! One caution though... nakaka-ngilo! But really... it's worth the fleeting discomfort. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment