Monday, March 05, 2012

Cinema One, Cinema Greed

In was in the early part of the 90’s when SkyCable was born.

Everybody was so excited because at last, finally, there’s cable in Metro Manila. There were two things why people were getting cable subscriptions:

One… more channels (we were, for most years of our young lives, limited to five).

Two… no commercials. I remember the first week of watching cable channels, magkahalong ligaya at hirap dahil wala ngang commercials so nawala na rin ang oras sa paggamit ng banyo.
 

Its either you make a dash for it and risk missing out the film’s climax or pigilin mo na lang and risk emptying your ballooned bladder in the family sofa and just pass the blame to the family dog.

Look, I don’t mind commercials. Not at all. (Commercials are like death and taxes...)

Two or three per gap is okay, tolerable. But 12??  Per gap??  (I actually counted when I watched the classic Kimi Dora!)  

Where is justice when I pay monthly for my cable subscription AND still be bombarded by a dozen commercials PER GAP?!  I’m talking about that Pinoy channel with ANG BUHAY AY PARANG SINE tagline (stupid tagline… taking that tagline by heart,  kaninong buhay ang kagaya ng  buhay ni Linda Blair sa THE EXORCIST?!) 
Lesson: Never watch films with John Lloyd Cruz, Sara Geronimo, Vic Sotto, Eugene Domingo, Ai Ai de las Alas, Angel Locsin, etc.  Masyadong talung-talo kayo. Now, if you got your subscription by paying your very friendly cable guy with one-time P1500, (receipt-free) don’t complain . Kasi kapag nag-complain ka tungkol sa dami ng commercial sa channel ng mga taong pan-sine ang buhay, I would say that you’re an ungrateful person. Madaya ka na, ingrato ka pa.  

Sino ang pating in this scenario?
Going back. So, what do I want?  Nada. It’s not as if SkyCable will do something about my issues.  I just hope na dumami pa ang mga illegal connections. What’s showing?




No comments:

Post a Comment