Friday, September 06, 2013

Alex III: Pinakbet sa Bagnet & Crispy Tiyan ng Bangus!

Alex III Resto-Grille
2/F Robinsons Galleria, East Lane
EDSA cor Ortigas Ave. QC 

I haven't been to Robinsons Galleria for almost a year now and to think that I used to drive to Galleria from UP (to take my 2nd course in HRA) almost everyday many moons ago. I don't know what happened but I just stopped coming here. Probably because there are a gazillion other malls out there to choose from. Perhaps. But after my lunch at Alex III that day, I kinda re-discovered Galleria. Ang laki pala niya now. Funny thing, I literally got lost. 

Good thing I had a good lunch (good food has a power to ward off impending headaches and yes, even bitching moments). Protein-rich lunch, I may add. We had the Set Menu (not all Alex III Restaurants have this) of Pinakbet sa Bagnet, Crispy Tiyan ng Bangus, Steam Rice and Iced Tea (P599) plus the still very famous Chicken Barbecue with Java Rice. 


Pinakbet sa Bagnet

I'm sure everyone knows what Bagnet is. It's Lechon Kawali that you eat without separating the fatty portion and leaving it to coagulate on your plate. Yes, I enjoyed every spoonful of bitter Ampalaya, rice with the Bagnet, fat and all. Guilt, forgotten. Completely. 


Crispy Tiyan ng Bangus

I've been saying in my past posts that I like food with texture like the Crispy Tiyan ng Bangus. It's boneless and fried just right. Next time, I will be asking for more achara. 


Chicken Barbecue with Java Rice

And there's the Chicken Barbecue with Java Rice. What more can I say about this classic that hasn't been said before (except that everyone truly loves this)? I will have a special blog on the other barbecue menu items (including this Chicken barbecue) very soon.  


2 comments: