Saturday, September 21, 2013

Alex III: Guinumis!

Alex III Resto-Grille
2/F Robinsons Galleria, East Lane
EDSA cor Ortigas Ave. QC 

Let's settle this. Guinumis is a drink and/or a dessert. And very Pinoy. I will never have my Guinumis with say, a burger (or a pizza) and I don't see myself ordering Guinumis with a can of soda. Why? Guinumis must be taken with Filipino meryenda like Puto Bumbong or Bibingka. Or with entrees like Pinakbet sa Bagnet or Chicken Barbeque. Or (like what we did) you may also take it as panghimagas.  

Guinumis (P65)

Like Halo-Halo, Guinumis has crushed ice, gelatin, pinipig. Ang wala lang sa Halo-Halo... coconut milk which makes or breaks Guinumis. Alex III uses real gata and I think that they water it down with milk. Good! You know why? A lot of people couldn't tolerate thick gata. They start sweating, a few minutes after ingesting it. Sad for them. Anyway, next time I order it, I'll ask for more pinipig and why not? More coconut milk. Sarap!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! sayang. I missed this. If only my schedule did permit me I would love to join you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete