Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sans Rival at SANS RIVAL!

San Rival Cakes & Pastries@Robinsons, Dumaguete City
Ask any person who has a sweet-tooth if he likes Sans Rival, chances are that it's one of the three top desserts on his list. Me? Well, it's up there with moist Chocolate Cake (with caramel sauce!) and Brownies (ala Mode!). 

My eldest sister used to make good Sans Rival. I remember salivating at the the butter cream she would spread on her very makunat (not crunchy, mind you!) meringue. When the cake freezes, she would slice me a slab and together with my other siblings would wolf down our individual shares like there's no tomorrow. Hay. 

Sans Rival Slice P26
Brewed Coffee P30



Anyway, it's my first time to be eating Sans Rival this thin and with this number (8!) of meringue wafers. My expectation of this place was really high because I felt that everyone in Dumaguete City ("Quality cakes since 1977") knows of it. Kaya dapat masarap ito. 


So, how was it? It was good (and cheap, at P26 a pop!). No wonder that it's this popular. I saw for myself how people line up to buy a whole cake while eating a slice. By the way, San Rival has a number of branches within the city. We went to the one in Robinsons and to their tastefully-decorated stand-alone restaurant located along Rizal Boulevard. 






2 comments:

  1. Will be going to Dumaguete next month, can't wait to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow inggit ako sayo michy! sylvanas ang bet ko sakanila :)

      Delete