Monday, June 25, 2012

"My Kitchen by Chef Chris" Overrated?


Good news. Foodies do not need to brave the long trip to Angeles, Pampanga to get to “C” Italian Dining. Chef Chris has opened his newest baby in Oasis Hotel in Paco Park. And Metro Manilans are ecstatic about this version of the Pampanga phenomenon.   

Let me start by saying that “My Kitchen by Chef Chris” is casual dining with fine dining prices.  Meaning, if you dare bring your date in your Sunday best (and with a loaded wallet!), in my experience, be ready to share the restaurant with big, rowdy family reunions who occupy five tables with at least, four high chairs(!). And I'm talking only of one group (in this case, the Filipino family). I haven’t even started on the Chinese Family seated at the other side of the restaurant. Good luck. That’s casual dining for you.

Anyway, Tita Nelia didn’t like the food. The food here at “My Kitchen” is the kind of food that my Tita can easily prepare at her own kitchen (with her patented spread of the finest wares!), even better.  But to be fair about it, personally, “My Kitchen by Chef Chris” serves good food… but let me say, that it’s not the best Italian Dining (I still say that “Bistecca’s” Bistecca is still one of the best).   

US Prime Angus Flank Steak
with Rosemary Garlic Marinade
with oven baked potato slices, pumpkin and Italian broccoli
Php 1800 for 2-5 persons
 

Roasted Lamb Ribs with garlic-rosemary rub
Php 980 for 2-3 persons


Risotto Pollo E Fungi
Chicken fillet and assorted mushroom
parmesan butter with fresh herbs
Php 650 

I LOVE THIS RISOTTO!

Spaghetti Calabrese
Angus ox-tail braised in tomato sauce, capers, chili peppers
Php 640
 




My Kitchen by Chef Chris
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel (beside Paco Church)
Paco, Manila


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think to save up if ever I'll try this. :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take some of your friends. :) I suggest for you to try the one in Angeles, Pampanga.

    ReplyDelete