Saturday, April 14, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #4: 4 FINGERS CRISPY CHICKEN

There is another relatively new (since December 2011) fast food restaurant (Quick Service Establishment) whose star in the menu is yup... fried chicken. Unlike Bon Chon and Chicken Charlie which are both from Korea, 4 Fingers Crispy Chicken is from Singapore.

I remember many, many moons ago, my family 
used to buy a whole chicken 
packaged in a colorful box called Popeye
 (I feel that they serve the 
best soy sauce based gravy!)
in Binondo and Country Chicken along 
Quezon Avenue, in front of 
Sto. Domingo Church. 
I wonder if they're still operating? 

I like this new chicken restaurant. Everything about it seems just right except for one thing which I would bitch about later. 

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken's (only branch is at SM City North Edsa) best seller is the Fried Wings (six pieces of chicken wings marinated in Soy Garlic)with french fries (there's an option to change to steamed rice). With an upsized Coke Zero, my bill totaled P239.00. Pretty stiff for a fast food, no? I would say that it's a bit more expensive to eat here than in Bon Chon. 

Best Seller: Fried Wings (Soy Garlic)
Creative.

The other side.
It's served in stainless steel containers. Reminded me of my Boy Scout campings when we used to line up for our meals with our stainless steel Mess Kits and Water Canteens.


Anyway, 4 Fingers Crispy Chicken is on the sweet side with a little garlic kick. Dark color is from the soy sauce marinade. Not juicy, a bit dry. Better than another brand that may be very juicy but bloody as well (a Joyful Chicken?).     

Next time, I'll try eating the chicken with steamed rice. I didn't like it when the salty flavor of the french fries started overpowering my chicken.

A break from the usual red, plastic Coca Cola cup.
The other items on the menu.





I don't like this.
I really don't understand why restaurants keep on using this. Look, I'm paying good money for this chicken so, let me enjoy... it's just too small! Good thing that a server had the good sense to hand over a catsup dispenser. 


It was good chicken. Plus I love it that there were only a handful of customers (at dinner time?! hmmm...) and that the place still has this look, feel and smell of being "new." You know... new paint, new staff uniforms, new utensils, among others. 

It's expensive here. Well, the prices are a bit stiff for the SM City market. They may come in out of curiosity but come back?? 

And bad news for the sweet toothed (like me). They don't have dessert. That's really bad.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... I was so looking forward to having dessert but...! Can you just imagine... a restaurant with no dessert??! :(

    ReplyDelete