Sunday, April 15, 2012

An Apartment in One Rockwell

We tried Apartment 1B more than a year ago in Salcedo and we liked the desserts we had (we had lunch at Brasserie Boheme a few blocks away). The Salcedo branch's very cozy, warm.  And exude a feel of "home." That's what Apartment 1B wanted. And they succeeded. 

Then, they opened another branch in One Rockwell.

What they succeeded in attaining in Salcedo, they weren't able to duplicate in One Rockwell (in my opinion). Maybe because of the location, maybe because of the food they offer. What I know is that they lost the warm feel of Salcedo. 

Sayang. O baka naman hindi yun ang gusto nilang ma-achieve sa Rockwell? Sayang pa rin.

The place is a bit dark, heavy. Compared to the the homey Salcedo branch, One Rockwell is a bit overbearing. 

As for the service, it was prompt but, like the place, cold. The waiters are not stationed well, pakalat-kalat. And they are distant, never helpful (I always remember the waiter we had at ELIAS who was so attentive to our needs), they have this dazed expression. In my book, a good waiter is a waiter na mag-uutos pa lang ang guest, ginawa na ng niya (is it too much to expect catsup and mustard with my burger without me requesting for them?)

Too much to ask? Yes, for the fast food joint owned by a red, overweight bumble bee but not for a restaurant that sells Osso Buco for P1480. 

Yes, I expected to be pampered.

It was meryenda, so I settled for a less than P400 Beef Burger and my Tita, a Grilled Cheese with Tomato (more expensive than my burger). 

Beef Burger

My Burger, I liked. It was not as juicy as I wanted but it was juicy, nonetheless. And thank God, its not one of those burgers which tasted like they used onions as extenders. The burger patty was on the bland side which should be. Allow the cheese (they used Cheddar and Swiss which was perfect for texture) to add to the saltiness (and flavor).     

Grilled Cheese with Tomato

My Tita (Nelia Silverio) ordered the Grilled Cheese with Tomato. It was a mega-ordinary Grilled Cheese. It wasn't inspired, from the taste to the presentation for a P400-plus sandwich. It was something we can get at Sandwich Guy for a hundred (okay, they don't use Australian Cheddar but I had a more satisfying eating time kasi alam kong sulit naman ang binayad ko).  


Entree

Art for Sale





Apartment 1B Salcedo
G/F One Layafette Square
Leviste corner Sedeno St
Salcedo Village
Makati

Apartment 1B Rockwell
G/F One Rockwell East
Rockwell, Makati
   

2 comments:

  1. This is the one you're telling me last time we met. Yeah I still find the price of the grilled cheese sandwich ridiculous.haha. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is the one. The grilled cheese sandwich is more expensive than the beef burger? Hahaha... prices there are a bit stiff. I want to go back to the Salcedo branch and compare. Thanks, Michy! :)

    ReplyDelete