Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who Doesn't Know Emerald Garden?

Emerald Garden @ Roxas Boulevard 

I’m sure that I’ve eaten here at Emerald Garden once in my young life with my family (I just don’t remember when). Who would not know of this restaurant right in front of the US Embassy? Their signage has become a part in the Roxas Boulevard landscape. Sabi nga, institusyon na. 

We were a bit early to Varekai (Cirque du Soleil) in Quirino Grandstand so we decided to have our dinner first. Tita N suggested Emerald Garden. I (excitedly) agreed. We had the usual Chinese noodles, (yang chao) fried rice, sweet and sour pork and broccoli (sorry, I don't remember the prices, we ate there more than a year ago). 

Oh, I remember that the pork of the Sweet and Sour was on the tough side. I want my pork to be tender and yes, boneless and extra crispy.  And the sauce? It must be sour, never tangy, never with a biting sour taste.  Still, we enjoyed our dinner. 










Emerald Garden
1170 Roxas Boulevard | Ermita, Manila, Luzon, Philippines

2 comments:

  1. I honestly haven't tried this place yet. I guess I have to explore Manila restos. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matanda pa yata sa yo ang Emerald Garden! Kid you not! Manila has the old, authentic restaurants around! Yun ang appeal niya which I really love. Intramuros has a few them. :)

      Delete