Monday, February 27, 2012

The Lost Son Is Back Home!

It’s been a long time since my blogging days. I was deep into food blogging until Facebook exploded. It wasn’t a major, major decision to just hop over. Half of “my readers” hopped with me. The other half were purists: Kung blogs, blogs. Kung Facebook, Facebook. The divorce happened three years ago. 

I discovered then, that it was easier to maintain a collection of Facebook micro-blogs. One, the reactions are instant: Some reactions are from acquaintances who are saccharinely positive (you’re looking good, Tao Yuan Resorts World branch is as good as the one in Malate?); Some from a small group of really close friends who comment in perfectly and pretentiously flawless British English, (Hello. How good is the Panizza in Monalisa in Alabang? Oh, before I forget… the group disagrees with you, darling. The Anime Burgers in Sumo Sam is simply horrendous. UP did that to you. Ta! Ta!).  Bitch. 

Two, Facebook is big and I wanted to be in the loop. Three, Facebook is big.
 
Speaking of big, I know for a fact that I will be meeting bigger bitches (meaning, real bitches) now. Now that I decided to bitch err… blog not only food, books, films but also on THAT industry of pure badness. 
 
The industry where Belo amasses her millions after ex-deals with celebrity endorsers who lack the necessary equipment on the beauty department. The industry where an allegedly talented (some say, funny… I say, evil) host whose head ballooned to such a monstrous size and that whose Encephalitis is so severe that it affected his memory making him forget the important people who picked him off showbiz gutters as a second-class drummer and a first- class sex maniac. 



Of course, I’m talking about television. Why? Why not? I feel that the boob-tube needs saving. It’s not that I can save it. No. I don’t even pray for it to be saved.   
It’s just that bitching is fun, spiritual even. That’s what I’ll do. I will bitch about TV AND still write about the great Meryl Streep, the latest ultra-talented cutie Ryan Gosling, my endless quest for the best Chocolate Cake, etc, etc, etc… with things that matter and things that don’t.  And squeal about them.

Read on…

PostScript: Why Fried Chicken.? Do I really need to point out the obvious that Fried Chicken is the greatest invention after the wheel?




2 comments:

  1. welcome to blogging BFF! I am super proud of you! This is long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Thank you, Thank you. I did have a movie blog years back but it was so... saccharine! Well, I was 5 years younger then. After three blogs, I got tired of it.

      Delete