Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Katsutei: Expect Nothing.


I was on my way to the bank (in SM North Edsa, Annex near Save More) when I saw Katsutei.  I haven’t been to this part of The Annex for a long time. I haven’t kept track of which stores had already closed down. What I know is that one of my favorite coffee places (not for their coffee nor for their service but wala kasing taong napupunta doon) has already been replaced by this Japanese Quick Service Establishment (new term for Fast Food).

I entered. There were a few customers and too many servers who are too-eager to well, serve. You know that most of them are greenhorn (ask them the meaning of Katsutei... have fun!). The type I don't have the patience for. 

Anyway, I talked with the Manager. Her actions were quick and she had this painted smile on her face. Memorized answers. I knew it. Galing sa mundo ng Fast Food.

I ordered. I was still full from a good lunch at home so I just had dessert and appetizer and non-soda beverage: TOFU FURAI (P85), CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM FURAI (P45) and LARGE GREEN ICED TEA (P45).

Verdict? Well, it was a world away from being average. Pretty bad. Sayang. They should exert (double time!) effort at presenting something that would make the customers come back. Take the soda cups for example. They use plain, white ones (they haven’t heard about branding?). How about a soda vendo machine? Matagal nang nauso yan tuloy para silang canteen sa school na binubuhos lang ang softdrinks sa plastic cups!         

And the food... Babalik ako this week to try the best sellers. But from what I’ve seen and tasted, I already have an idea as to what to expect... nothing. 

Good luck to me. 







2 comments:

  1. ..oo nga po..sayang po..i'd been there na dn po..kulang nga po sila sa good presentations though their food servings were okay nmn po..,for me.. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Rica! Yeah, sayang because the place holds a lot of promise! I hope they improve pa! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete