Saturday, February 22, 2014

OSAKA OHSHO: "The King Of Gyoza in Osaka!"

Osaka Ohsho
Megamall Bldg B



Gyoza


"Osaka Ohsho – which translates to ‘The King of Gyoza in Osaka’ – is the destination for handmade gyoza (dumplings). Our gyoza is a mixture of cabbage, ginger, garlic and 3 kinds of pork wrapped in Osaka Ohsho’s special wonton wrapper, then skilfully grilled to a deliciously golden brown crisp on one side yet moist within. Osaka Ohsho’s Gyoza has become our most famous and beloved dish."





More than 15 years ago, my college friends and I put up a fine dining in Pasong Tamo in Makati at the ground floor of a business hotel. Right across was the Shinjuku Ramen House which at the time, served the best Gyoza. People actually lined up to get in. Good thing that I knew most of the  waiters and kitchen staff that with one call, my Gyoza gets to me in a matter of minutes. I miss those days...

Cha Karaage Gyoza (P395)
Pork Curry (P425)



Pork Curry





Now, there's Osaka Ohsho who, as they claim, has the best Gyoza. It's new place located at the new wing of Megamall. Their Gyoza is good, as expected. The ginger taste is not overwhelming, just right. And my Pork Curry? I just find the curry sauce too thick. As a matter of fact, it was way too thick. Nakakasuya tuloy. 
 
 



Promo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment