Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Is Guevarra's Overrated?

Chef Laudico Guevarra's
387 P. Guevarra St. cor. Argonne St., 
Addition Hills, San Juan




My BFF brought me plus her office staff to this popular place in San Juan. I've heard about this place from so many friends and read reviews about how good (and cheap!) the buffet is (and how difficult to book a reservation).



I fell in love with the old house which was converted to a restaurant: the "oldness" (squeaky wood floor, high ceiling) is still there. But personally, the good points stop there. Maybe, I was expected too much. Alright, I expected way too much. And maybe, I should not have visited Guevarra's during the Christmas season (there was this group of really rowdy people whose voices lorded it over the whole place!). Maybe, maybe.   



But to be fair about it, there were some food items that stood out. Lechon was good and so was the chicken (didn't try the pasta). Well, that's about it. I told myself to just focus (read: pig-out) on dessert and stuff myself with it (something I almost always do). 

So, how was it? Better that I don't answer that.    











No comments:

Post a Comment