Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Super Halo-Halo in Ilo-Ilo City!

Nida's Super Halo-Halo
Ilo-Ilo City 



I had the most generous, hilarious and the "most efficient tour guide" when I visited Ilo-Ilo City. And yes, Donnie Ledesma, (a schoolmate from Ateneo) took me to places a foodie would kill for.  



After an extremely interesting lunch of fresh oysters and other catch from the sea (details coming soon!) Donnie took me to a palengke where the best Halo-Halo is located.  Sadly, it was closed when we got there. So, we went to the "next best Halo-Halo in the city." 




They say for Halo-Halo to be good, it must have a good combination of ingredients. I agree. Nida's Halo-Halo is not only good but the best I've ever had. I kid you not. I enjoyed the red and green sago, corn, halaya, leche flan, corn flakes, fresh Mango and Avocado cubes. I personally think na ang Avocado ang nagdala ng Super Halo-Halo ni Nida. 

And the price of one Super bowl? P30!
  




Donnie also took me to the original Ted's Old Timer Lapaz Batchoy
which is just a stone throw away


2 comments: