Sunday, August 18, 2013

Getting Senti with RC!

I clearly remember my simple childhood when my family used to stay in an apartment in Scout Santiago in QC (before 1972 when we transferred to our first real house). My three sisters and I would do just about everything for hours on end in our one-car garage . Like clockwork, we took our siesta til 4pm when yaya would wake all four kids and would take us to a dining table filled with sumptuous meryenda and yes, cold, cold (sweating!) cola. 


Iba-iba ang binibiling softdrinks ni yaya nun. Kung ano ang meron tindahan na malamig na malamig na Family Size (yun ang tawag sa 1 liter na softdrinks during that time). And one of the brands yaya would buy for us was RC (but I don't remember seeing a Family Size RC). What I clearly recall is seeing four small-sized RC on the table sweating as plastic straws of different colors bobbing up and down because of the effervescent cola.    


At color-coding ang straws namin! I get the blue one, of course. While my sister fight over the pre-assigned straws, I quietly played with my blue straw and watched bubbles trying to escape via the narrow bottle neck. 


Taon ang binilang nang malaman kong Royal Crown pala ang RC. At taon din nang hindi ko nakita at na-inom ang RC. Hindi naman daw nawala, tahimik lang. They're just on the sidelines waiting to be "revived." Good thing, maingay na naman ang RC Cola. 

Question: When are they coming out with a sugar-free RC Cola???  






RC Cola Twitter:       https://twitter.com/RCColaOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment