Friday, August 16, 2013

Fruity SLICE in a Bottle!

The first time I heard about Zest-O Slice, I immediately thought of canned sliced fruits like peaches and pineapples in thick syrup. Another food product you drown in all-purpose cream and serve chilled. I was quite surprised to know that Zest-O is (finally) getting into the business category where Del Monte and Dole have been lording over since time immemorial.   



Well, I was wrong. Hindi pala ganun ang Zest-O Slice. Good. Another player in the ready-to-drink category (actually, the same people who have been doing the same thing all these years). And I say, the people who have been doing the job quite well. 



Batang Zest-O ako. If I remember right, I was in my teens when my mommy started buying these weird-looking orange juice packed in foil (which I found out later on that they're called "doy packs"). Fast forward... And now, they have Zest-O Slice in pet bottles.   


When you drink Slice, it's like eating a fresh slice of your favorite fruit (Dalandan, Orange, Mango and Strawberry AND Apple and Grape). I tried all four iced and straight out of the chiller. The winner? Hands down... its CHILLED DALANDAN!   


Question... Are they "doy packs" in bottles? Not really. For one, bitin ang doy packs. Zest-O Slice comes in 355 ml na parang isang can ng cola. Tamang-tama lang siya. Hindi bitin, walang tapon. Secondly, mas concentrated ang lasa nito. At may mixed fruit drinks dito. And lastly, have I mentioned that SLICE is a good source of Vitamin A, C, E and Zinc that helps boost the immune system? Yes, that's good news no?   



No comments:

Post a Comment