Friday, August 23, 2013

Chocolate Chicken Wings & Popcorn Calamari!

Borough @ Podium

Tita Nelia has been telling me about this place in Podium (open 24/7!) which is partly-owned by one of ABS-CBN's stars, Jake Cuenca. She's been saying good things about it and being a big fan of her culinary prowess, the more I obsess in visiting Borough. The thing is, I'm not a Podium fan and to go there is a humongous hassle for me. Then, we had a Cinemalaya marathon recently, and came out of our last movie close to midnight. So, may chance na. Together with one of her best friends, Maryanne Gomez, we excitedly trooped to Borough.   


I was not disappointed. Totoo palang masarap dito. I ordered for the Chocolate Chicken Wings(P280). The menu says: Baked Wings with with Cocoa and Cinnamon and served with Cilantro Sauce. You might not like the way it looks, black and all, but I tell you that it's one fine chicken dish! It's tender, juicy and the skin, deliciously bitter! And the sauce? Perfect!



e come to the star of the table. Tita Nelia and Tita Maryanne have been praising this  Popcorn Calamari (P280) to the high heavens that I consider it a mortal sin to go home without eating it. Yes,  the Popcorn-crusted Fried Squid with Clarified Chili Butter is good. The texture I enjoyed and it's a bit on the oily side but I ask you... who cares, really?



1 comment:

  1. pabili ka ke mommy rizza ng HD video cam para malinaw ang video ni ryzza mura na lang yon salamat.

    ReplyDelete