Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cathedral of Catherine of Alexandria!

Dumaguete City

I'm not a travel blogger. And I'm not good at the camera. I just click at the things I find interesting, may it be a place, person or an event (and it's been working for me and for this blog). 

I like old churches, they interest me maybe because I like the odd feeling that creeps inside me whenever I'm inside one. Lumilikot ang imagination ko. Nakikita ko bigla si Padre Damaso and company. Buhay na buhay sila inside the Cathedral of Catherine of Alexandria (4th century saint, martyr and virgin). 

Anyway, the old stone church is beside the famed Dumaguete Belfry and in front of a city park with the official seal of the City of Dumaguete. We went to the City Tourism Office and they were so helpful providing us with brochures and maps. They were the ones who suggested that we go to Siquijor (na pinuntahan namin on our 2nd day).

After the old structure, punta naman kami sa bago, Robinson's Dumaguete a few blocks away riding the multicab (P10 per person, 5 passengers can fit comfortably).   














No comments:

Post a Comment