Monday, February 27, 2012

Usapang Fried Chicken #1: SAVORY

Tomay-to or Tomah-to, Potay-to or Potah-to, Say-vory or Sah-vory… whatever. Savory is Savory. Classic. I remember when I used to work for Mila’s Lechon many moons back, I had a (genuine!) chef who gave me (well guarded… well, not anymore!) the recipe for Savory Chicken!



Together with the gravy (personally I feel that it kills the Savory taste!), I think I was able to clone a Savory Chicken in our big kitchen (that’s after 2-3 chicken failures). I did include it in our catering business and clients and guests loved it… though not one commented that it tasted like Savory. It was good for business but bad for my ego. Does anybody know THAT ONE SPECIFIC INGREDIENT that makes Savory Chicken, Savory Chicken?? Hah! I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment